So, I am a little late in posting this (I am going to blame grad school and my lack of skills when it comes to technology), but I was nominated for a blogging award called the Liebster Award (Liebster means dearest or lovely in German). I am very thankful for being nominated and I will gratefully accept.
I would like to thank Shelly Najjar (http://thegoallist.wordpress.com/) for the nomination.
Here are the rules I was given to follow:
The rules (in general) are
- thank the person who gave it to you
- write a certain number of random facts about yourself
- answer the certain number of questions the nominating blogger asked you
- nominate that same certain number of bloggers with less than 200 followers
- ask them that certain number of questions for them to answer when they accept the award
I am going to choose the number 5 (because I am following Shelly here), so here we go.
- I graduated from university with a B.S. in Political Science after only two years of study (I am currently working towards my Masters).
- I have more than 10 tattoos.
- My heritage includes English, Irish, Scottish, French, French-Canadian, Norwegian, German and Dutch roots.
- R. R. Tolkien is my favorite author (and I have many Tolkien related tattoos).
- I know for a fact crickets and beer do not make a good combination (beware of Cambodia carnival markets).
Questions from my Nominating Blogger
1.If you were going to rename your blog, what would the new name be and why?
Wow, I honestly have no idea. I would probably name it something travel related – make it a play on words or something, but I would have to think that one through for a while.
- What is your best mistake?
My best mistake was believing that some people could change. For a long time I held on to this hope that certain people in my life would change. Though I know now that will never happen, I am glad I could remain hopeful for so long and learn all of the things that I did (even if I had to learn them the hard way).
- What is a dream you have for your life?
One dream I have for my life is to be able to travel the world and help people. I would love to visit every country one day, and be able to affect at least one person’s life in each place in a positive way.
- What is the best advice you ever received?
The best advice I think I ever got – though it may sound a bit odd – was from my sister. At a time when I felt really lost, and unsure of myself, she told me, “Be a bold bitch.” For some reason that has always stuck with me and every time I need a little boost of confidence, I think about her (one of the few people who has always supported me unconditionally) and her words.
- What is a time you felt brave?
I felt brave when I traveled to Guatemala this summer. Though I did so in partial secrecy from my family (some members still do not know I left the country for a time), I did so by myself and it was the first time I traveled out of the country alone. It was definitely a growing experience and now I feel more confident as I am about to make my next trip to Haiti (which my family does know about).
I am going to be rather lame here (mostly because just about every single other blog I follow as more an 200 followers) but I am going to nominate 1 person.
I am going to nominate Melissa Thibodo (http://melissathibodo.wordpress.com/). I have known Melissa for a few years now – we went to high school together – and she is an absolutely amazing person and an incredible photographer. She will be traveling abroad to Spain and I think everyone should follow her story and check out her amazing pictures.
5 Questions for them to Answer
- What do you look forward to most in the coming year?
- What is one thing you would like to accomplish during your life?
- Who is your greatest inspiration?
- If you could photograph any one person from history – or an event from history, who or what would it be?
- What was the greatest piece of advice you ever received?
Again, I want to thank Shelly for nominating me.